Version 2.1.5 - Free
Read more about EtreCheck.
EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.
EtreCheck automatically removes any personally identifiable information from the output. EtreCheck does not need super-user privileges to run. It will also never ask for your password. It is signed with my Developer ID issued by Apple so it can be installed on systems protected by Apple's Gatekeeper system.
Versions 2.1.1-2.1.5 have various improvements and bug fixes.
Version 2.1 is a major update and has the following changes:
- Improved progress bar during animation.
- Help for each section by clicking on the section title.
- Automatic detection of adware using Apple's support document.
- Integration with AdwareMedic to easily remove said adware.
- Log file scanning to find disk I/O errors and other relevant details.
- New Details link that may be available in some cases with those additional log details.
- New diagnostic section listing self test results, panic reports, crash, hang, and high CPU use reports.
- Removed German localization - not all experiments are successful.
- Other bug fixes.